(Important Pre-Cooking Step: Do not throw out the bones when you finish initially carving your turkey -- you're gonna need them for flavor in this recipe)
- 1-1/2 lb Leftover Turkey
- Turkey Bones (as many as you can salvage)
- 1 tbsp All-Purpose Flour
- 3 cups Water
- 1 cup White Wine
- 1 sprig Rosemary
- 2 Green Onions (chopped)
- 1 inch Ginger Root (peeled)
- 1 tsp Dried Basil Leaves
- 1/2 Fresh Tomato (sliced)
- 1/2 tsp Thyme
- 2 cloves Fresh Garlic (minced)
- 1 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- Sea Salt & Fresh Ground Pepper (to taste)
- 1 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1 package Whole Wheat English Muffins
- Pour 2 cups of water into a large pan, place it on a high-heat stovetop until boiling.
- Turn heat to med-low., add turkey bones and ginger, stir in garlic, thyme, rosemary. Cover and allow to cook for 7-10 mins.
- Remove bones, replace with turkey meat. Add tomatoes, green onions and basil.
- Cover again and allow to cook for 15 mins or until meat reaches desired tenderness.
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Add salt, pepper, wine, Worcestershire and maple syrup to pan, stir. Cover and simmer for 5 mins.
- Separate English muffins into halves, place on baking sheet face-down and place in oven for 5-7 mins or until side facing bottom of sheet is browned.
- Mix flour with remaining cup of water, stir until completely dissolved, distribute as much as needed for desired thickness.
- Remove muffins from oven, spread moderate amount of butter on browned side.
- Place 1 scoop of turkey hash on plated muffin (buttered side up). Garnish with dried parsley flakes.
Joy to the world.